I suggest you ...

Add ruler drawing tool

Was observing a free trial of the software and want to measure stride length via the addition of a grid or line. I was looking up how to do so but was unable to observe the same screen as shown in the video. I can draw a line but can not add dimensions to the line.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Dartfish SupportAdminDartfish Support (Support, Dartfish) responded  · 

Hello Jacob, the ruler and grid are not available in either Dartfish Express or myDartfish 360 at present. I guess you have been watching a tutorial for our Dartfish Software. For clarity, I’ll edit the title of your feedback and then we’ll see how many votes it gets. As a point to note, one of the guiding principles behind Dartfish Express was to make it simple to use with minimum help. Measuring stride length requires calibration from a reference distance in the video, in the same plane (distance from the camera) as the athlete. That’s not always so easy and it’s why you don’t find that tool today. However, lets see what interest there is.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RobertRobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I would be very interested in having this function in the Dartfish Express App. I use the app to teach biomechanics and having the distance measurement would be extremely beneficial. Learning to use a reference length in the same plane of movement as the athlete isn't that hard and it actually helps to explain camera focal error to students. This would be a very welcome update as I can't seem to find a app that does have the ability, besides Video Physics.

Feedback and Knowledge Base